chainsaws & jelly is based in newark, nj.

e-mail: chainsawsandjelly@gmail.com


Like what you see? Like us on Facebook!

FOLLOW US ON INSTAGRAM, too!




Friday, February 22, 2008

Polite Conversations | Rajni Jacques

Hello world!!!!!
I'm really glad to introduce you to the lovely Rajni Jacques. If you don't know, now you know. Women, take notes!

Thanks Rajni!!!!!


P.S. I HOPE YOU WILL READ THIS INTERVIEW, RAJ!!!



Rajni Jacques



What's the fun part being the beauty and accessories editor for Vibe?
When I was at Vibe the best part was always being able to see what the big designers(YSL, Louis Vuitton, Gucci) came up with for the next season. And as for beauty, getting the first scent of a new fragrance was always fun. I am no longer there, but at my new position as Fashion features editor at Nylon, I still do the same thing. There is definitely more of a focus on fashion here. Also at Nylon, I search for new and upcoming designers and new faces... so it's always cool to break someone.


How long have you been with the magazine?
I was with Vibe for 3.5 years... and Nylon only a month.

Everytime I see you, I always enjoy seeing your shoes. You always have cool ass boots and heels. How many pairs of shoes do you own?
I love shoes... love them more than clothing. My clothing is always cheap... hm, forever 21, gap, and such. Once in a while I get a sample sale outfit... but I usually spend money on shoes... because for me... the heel or boot or sneaker make the outfit. I'm a little embarrassed to tell you how many pairs I have. At home I only have around 325. thats at home. haha.

How would you describe your fashion sense?
Keep the outfit simple, and bulk up on the accessories. Just enough though, not over the top. I like being fashionable without being a fashion victim.

Who inspires you in the fashion world?
Carrine Roitfeld editor in chief of French Vogue.

Any fashion tips you'd like to share with us ladies?
Don't go for trends... wear what looks best on you. Don't let fashion consume you.

How did you get into djaying?
Umm..I got lucky and got a sick collection of records. I couldn't just let it sit... so I learned to do it.

What type of music do you like to spin?
I LOVE old school hip-hop (golden age of hip hip) anything 80's, from new wave, rock, r&b, you name it from the 80's I'll play it.



You were featured in the August 2007 Jane Issue. What was it like being interviewed? Do you still get nervous?
Weird...I really don't like seeing pics of myself. It brings me back to reality... haha. But, the shoot was fun and I was super nervous. I have never read the article, and have only seen a glimpse of the pics.



Any perks for being in the fashion industry?
Freebies, events, free drinks... well I like the champagne.



What do you predict will blow up in 2008 for fashion.
Wedges and platforms will still be in. For summer anything chiffon and see through. Yes crazy. For Fall anything structured.




Rajni Jacques

No comments: